ENGAGING PRINT + DIGITAL DESIGN
I specialize in developing colorful, engaging, award-winning graphics and content across a variety of media, from print to digital. My education includes a master’s degree in Arts and Culture Leadership from USD, along with certificates in Graphic Design from UCSD and in Web Design from Mesa College. I recently served on the board of directors for AIGA San Diego and currently serve as a judge for the CASE VII design awards.
- 2019 Silver Award, CASE District VII, USD, Life of Christ Marketing Campaign
- 2018 Best of Show, Educational Advertising Awards, USD, 10th Annual Wine Classic, Special Event
- 2018 Gold, Educational Advertising Awards, USD, Leading Change, Fundraising Campaign
- 2018 Silver, Educational Advertising Awards, USD, Diego’s Donors, Direct Mail
- 2018 Merit, Educational Advertising Awards, USD, Founders Gala, Special Event
- 2018 Merit, Educational Advertising Awards, USD, Torero Nation Billboard, Outdoor Advertising
- 2018 Merit, Educational Advertising Awards, USD, 2018 Torero Casino Night, Special Event
- 2018 Merit, Educational Advertising Awards, USD, 2017 Torero Tuesday, Marketing Campaign
- 2018 Gold Award, CASE District VII, USD, Founders Gala
- 2018 Bronze Award, CASE District VII, USD, 10th Anniversary Wine Classic
- 2017 Service Award, Veteran Promotion Awards, USD, Operation Hat Trick
- 2013 Silver Award, Healthcare Advertising Awards, Healthyroads, Fitness Kit Design
- 2011 Silver Award, Healthcare Advertising Awards, Polar, “Watch It” Challenge
- 2010 Award of Excellence, The Communicator Awards, Healthyroads, Worksite Health Challenges
- 2009 Gold Award, Health Care Communicators, Healthyroads, Engage! Logo Design
- 2009 Gold Award, Health Care Communicators, Healthyroads, Home Fitness
- 2009 Gold Award, Health Care Communicators, Healthyroads, Worksite Health Challenges
- 2009 Gold Award, Health Care Communicators, Healthyroads, New Year’s Challenge
- 2008 Gold Award, Astrid Awards, Healthyroads, “Fitness is Timeless”
- 2008 Gold Award, Aster Awards, Polar, “Watch It” Challenge
“Nick is a wonderful leader to work under! He is creative, enthusiastic, motivating, kind, very well organized and always has a smile on his face. Nick is not only fun to work with, but you can always count on him for guidance and to be able to help answer any questions that you come across. I know that I can come to Nick with not only technical design questions but also ask for help on things outside of design. I think that Nick holds all of the necessary skills and personality traits to be a successful, amazing leader that people enjoy coming to work for.” — Julia O.
“Nick was such a great person to work with on projects. He always brought a unique and creative view. When I think of the work Nick created, vibrant, unconventional and amazing are just a few words that come to mind. The finished product was always impressed and exceeded my expectations.” — Mary V.
“I was fortunate to have Nick as a manager. He is one of the most positive and encouraging people I know. His feedback would be constructive and solution-oriented. He never missed an opportunity to let us know our that work and ideas were valued.” — Erin S.
“Nick is one of the most creative, enthusiastic, and positive individuals I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. He is a wonderful person, friend, and colleague, always with a smile on his face. He will continue to be a true asset in every path he takes.” — Marlis R.
“Nick’s positive and efficient work ethic made him a great asset to American Specialty Health and to our team. His organization and prioritization skills allowed me to always deliver creative, modern, well-developed materials to my clients. Along with Nick’s professionalism, he knows how to brighten everyone’s day and cultivate a positive work environment. Nick has a promising future and I would be lucky to work with him again in the future!” — Sheri K.
“Working with Nick is a joy, he is extremely creative and thinks outside the box. His strong work ethic delivers a beautiful final product that is exactly what the client requested. He always takes the next step and offers suggestions to make the product better. Nick goes above and beyond to get the job done.” — Jill L.
“I am honored to recommend Nick Porter based both on his high level of talent in graphic design and also for his outstanding customer service skill for managing his internal clients, such as myself. Nick is always extremely polite, friendly, and timely, delivering a final result that always exceeds expectation. If I were able to hire only one, I would select Nick Porter every time.” — Edie T.
“I have had the good fortune of working in the Graphics Industry for over 30 years and I can honestly say that Nick Porter is the most Positive, Creative and open-minded Creative person I have ever worked with. In this day of pressure to get everything “now” Nick is always level headed and goes about his workday with so much good energy that he makes those around him better. To have such an Employee a Company will have a Loyal, Happy person to represent their name in San Diego.” — Kevin K.
“After working with Nick for a few years, I hired him to design the logo for a new company I started in 2010. Nick always produces top-quality work and shows an amazing amount of creativity and design insight. I don’t think I’ve ever worked with anyone else who could match his passion for producing the best possible work.” — Dione D.
“Nick’s fun and engaging material have inspired thousands of members across the country to make healthier and happier changes to their lives. His material is definitely one-of-a-kind and easily catches everyone’s attention. His professional and energetic personality make him a great team member and someone I am proud to say I had the pleasure of working with!” — Alison M.